Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 13: Paws with a Cause Service Animals

About the organization

Paws with a Cause trains service animals for people with disabilities, including sight, hearing and seizure disabilities.  Paws with a Cause has placed over 2,500 service animals to clients in 30 states.



Why does it appeal to me?

Oh, so many reasons!  First, doggies.  Second, I'm in awe of the patience and lovingness of these dogs, and think it's amazing how they can be trained in so many different, useful ways.  I've met some wonderful service dogs, and some service dogs in training, and their trainers are usually volunteers.  I think it's so amazing that a volunteer will spend so much time training a puppy and then can part ways with it so it can go help someone.  I also recently learned that there are now service animals for children with autism, and that makes me so happy.  I worked with autistic kids when I was younger and can imagine that a companion animal would have made a big difference in their quality of life.



Want to learn more?

Learn more about Paws with a Cause here.

Donate here.

Want to raise a service dog?  You don't have to have training, just want to learn and live near Grand Rapids, Chicago or Tallahassee.  Learn more here.  You could also host a breeding dog (PUPPIES!).



Follow along with my challenge here on the blog or on Twitter with the hash tag #30daysofcharity.

Want me to see if your favorite organization accepts microdonations, or want me to feature it?  Post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment