Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 28: American Museum of Natural History

Apologies in advance for the short post, I am coming down with the flu - again.



About the organization

American Museum of Natural History in New York is a non-profit museum dedicated to learning and teaching about the natural environment, human cultures and the universe.  I've never been but they have a famous planetarium (the Hayden Planetarium) and a fossil hall my 3 year old daughter would go crazy for.



Why does it appeal to me?

My husband and daughter are super into space and constellations and are learning how to use their new telescope.  They wanted me to feature a planetarium, and what could be better than one run by Neil Degrasse Tyson?  He's done more to educate kids on science than anyone else since, well, Bill Nye, who's also on staff at AMNH.



Want to learn more?

To learn more, click here.

To donate, click here.




Follow along with my challenge here on the blog or on Twitter with the hash tag #30daysofcharity.

Want me to see if your favorite organization accepts microdonations, or want me to feature it?  Post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment