Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 17: Project Night Night

About the organization

Project Night Night works to make homeless children feel just a little more comfortable and secure by giving them a sweet canvas tote bag with a security blanket, book and stuffed animal inside.  PNN's website states that 1 in 30 US children will face homelessness this year.


Why does it appeal to me?

I just learned about Project Night Night via a parent's group I'm part of.  I like that they are working to make kids feel comfortable in a sad situation.  Could I have donated directly to an organization that helps get kids out of homelessness?  Yeah, I could have.  (Have a favorite one?  Let me know.)  But I do feel like many charities that help homeless kids focus on the holidays and I like that this is an anytime gift, just something to make them feel a little more comfortable and safe.


Want to learn more?

To learn more, click here.

To donate, click here.



Follow along with my challenge here on the blog or on Twitter with the hash tag #30daysofcharity.

Want me to see if your favorite organization accepts microdonations, or want me to feature it?  Post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment