Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3: Love is Louder, an anti-bullying and anti-hate campaign

About the organization

The organization, a partnership between the Jed Foundation (a great organization itself, dedicated to suicide prevention), MTV and actress Brittany Snow, exists to counteract and prevent bullying, mistreatment, discrimination and depression.  I feel silly to admit it, but I found out about Love is Louder on a celebrity gossip website that posted about Brittany Snow's experience will bullying, that included a link to the organization.  My husband teases me for reading 'junk' but in this case I learned about this great movement.


Why does it appeal to me?

I like the breadth of issues that Love is Louder is working on.  I experienced bullying, particularly in middle school, and it made life pretty miserable.  I can't imagine how hard it is all these years later when everything is online, giving bullies another form of harassment - often anonymously.  It makes me so sad when I hear about bullying-related suicides.  Some people see being bullied as some right of passage that everyone goes through, but it's harmful.  And unnecessary!  I also appreciate their strong presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.


Want to learn more?

Click here to learn more about Love is Louder.  Even if you can't donate, there are lots of ways to get involved, some very simple and quick.

Want to make a donation?  Click here.  This donation goes to the Love is Louder campaign powered by the Jed Foundation.

Like getting swag while you support charities?  Love is Louder has some cool merchandise for sale.



Follow along with my challenge here on the blog or on Twitter with the hash tag #30daysofcharity.

Want me to see if your favorite organization accepts microdonations, or want me to feature it?  Post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment